jasonwong
jasonwong

I want to submit a private plugin to help update for my some website, but I dont't want to shown that plugin on public Marketplace. May be I will make it to the public in the future, but not now.

Can I do that? Thanks.

thepottingshed
OFFLINE
OFFLINE

Yes this would be great. The update system of october is great but pretty useless for customer specific plugins that would not be of much use to the public.

thepottingshed
thepottingshed

Totally agree, which is exactly where I am having fun with .gitignore.

jonathandey
jonathandey

I have been looking in to this today for a project I'am about to start, it is certainly possible.

Here is what I have done so far;

  • Created a new plugin to base a custom Updates controller
  • My Updates controller extends Octobers System\Controllers\Updates class
  • Copied the partials from the systems updates controller folder
  • In my Updates constructor I have added Config::set('cms.updateServer', 'YOUR_UPDATE_SERVER_URL');

I have added the Updates controller to the Systems menu, now I have the regular Updates tab and my own Custom Updates tab in OctoberCMS settings.

When I hit the Check for updates button in my Custom Updates my update server is requested rather than Octobers. I can now manipulate what is returned to the OctoberCMS installation.

Hope that helps! If anyone is interested further I will try to get a tutorial written up, possibly even publish the plugin.

Last updated

Webp
Webp

+1 ! Jonathan as a matter of fact I am certainly interested :) Have you perhaps made a plugin already so far?

Last updated

phplee
phplee

Hi jonathandey

Have you had any further development on the above.

thanks

lee

jonathandey
jonathandey

Hi All,

@phplee & @info12153 - I'm just finishing off a Plugin that will allow you to specify your own server.

The next task will be to write a proxy, of sorts, that will check for updates on your own server before proxying the update request to October's server to fetch updates/new plugins you may require from their Marketplace.

I thought more recently about setting up the server proxy as a service, would that be something you'd be interested in or would you prefer to host the proxy server yourselves?

phplee
phplee

Hi @jonathandey,

Thanks for the response. Sounds good.

I think i would prefer to host the plugins on my own server. So its complete independent.

Thanks

OFFLINE
OFFLINE

I released oc-bootstrapper today. This tool enables you to install plugins and themes from private repos. Updates are currently not supported though.

See http://octobercms.com/forum/post/october-bootstrapper

paqapar21604
paqapar21604

jonathandey said:

I have been looking in to this today for a project I'am about to start, it is certainly possible.

Here is what I have done so far;

  • Created a new plugin to base a custom Updates controller
  • My Updates controller extends Octobers System\Controllers\Updates class
  • Copied the partials from the systems updates controller folder
  • In my Updates constructor I have added Config::set('cms.updateServer', 'YOUR_UPDATE_SERVER_URL');

I have added the Updates controller to the Systems menu, now I have the regular Updates tab and my own Custom Updates tab in OctoberCMS settings.

When I hit the Check for updates button in my Custom Updates my update server is requested rather than Octobers. I can now manipulate what is returned to the OctoberCMS installation.

Hope that helps! If anyone is interested further I will try to get a tutorial written up, possibly even publish the plugin.

Hi, jonathandey! Did You finished with it? Can You share plugin, or tutorial?

jonathandey
jonathandey

Hi paqapar21604 - we have some bare bones in place. We have a little more work to do to get a minimum viable product, once we have got to this stage we'll open source it.

zmoove17336
zmoove17336

@jonathandey any news about it ?

paqapar21604
paqapar21604

jonathandey said:

Hi paqapar21604 - we have some bare bones in place. We have a little more work to do to get a minimum viable product, once we have got to this stage we'll open source it.

May be we can help on some tasks? We are interested in early realization)

Troiscent
Troiscent

By seeing the number of people interested by this (our agency too), I think october team should think about a way to create private plugins and themes, to be able to associate them in a project for easy one click install.

We would pay for that, could be a feature given to partners ?

jonathandey
jonathandey

Myself and Steven are busy with other things at the moment to give the project the attention it needs to be completed.

Due to this and the amount of interest in the project we are going to open-source the work we have done up to now.

Server repository: https://gitlab.com/greenhood/oc-autumn (used to proxy request between OctoberCMS and the client) Client repository: https://gitlab.com/greenhood/oc-private-plugins

We are looking forward to working with the community to build the project and see it released. Happy to accept merge requests.

paqapar21604
paqapar21604

jonathandey said:

Myself and Steven are busy with other things at the moment to give the project the attention it needs to be completed.

Due to this and the amount of interest in the project we are going to open-source the work we have done up to now.

Server repository: https://gitlab.com/greenhood/oc-autumn (used to proxy request between OctoberCMS and the client) Client repository: https://gitlab.com/greenhood/oc-private-plugins

We are looking forward to working with the community to build the project and see it released. Happy to accept merge requests.

Maybe it would be better to do it on github?

1-17 of 17