What does this plugin do?
This plugin provides the ability to notify developers of error logs via email or SMS.
Why would I use this plugin?
This plugin is helpful for notifying administrators of error logs being created by the application without them having to login and go to the event log.
This plugin is also helpful if a developer needs to be notified of a specific issue, as it provides a helper for manually sending error notifications.
Are there any requirements for this plugin?
If you enable SMS notifications, you'll need an active, funded Twilio account and active phone number.
Add option to only notify if logs meet or exceed a specific levelCOMPLETE
- Feel free to make requests by emailing them to email@example.com
How do I configure this plugin?
- After installation, go to your admin profile and set a phone number for yourself
- Go to Settings > Dev Notify Options
- Enable email and/or SMS error notifications
- If you wish to add the error log message to the email notifications, enable "Append error log"
- If you enable SMS notifications, add your Twilio account's SID, Token, and phone number
- If you wish to add the application name to the SMS content and email notification subject, enable "Prefix application name"
- Select the backend users you wish to send error log notifications to
- Save configuration
- Click "Test Configuration" to send a sample notification using the saved configuration
How to manually send notifications
MESSAGE_CONTENT is the content of your notification.
Explanation of settings
- Email and SMS notifications can be enabled individually or together
- Notifications can be sent to any backend users selected in the list
- When SMS is enabled, you'll need an active Twilio account attached with SID, Token, and phone number
- You can add the error log message to the email notification by enabling append error log
- You can prepend the application name to the email subject and SMS if you manage multiple applications by enabling prefix application name
- Use the "Test Configuration" link to test the configuration. Be sure to save your settings first!
This plugin has not been reviewed yet.
Ninth version of DevNotify
Jan 24, 2023
Eighth version of DevNotify
Nov 04, 2022
Seventh version of DevNotify
Jun 17, 2022
Sixth version of DevNotify
Jun 13, 2022
Fifth version of DevNotify
Jun 13, 2022
Fourth version of DevNotify
Jun 03, 2022
Third version of DevNotify
Mar 28, 2022
Second version of DevNotify
Mar 20, 2022
First version of DevNotify
Mar 20, 2022