This forum has moved to a new location and is in read-only mode. Please visit talk.octobercms.com to access the new location.

zs60815
zs60815

Hi, Can anybody help why theme assets doesn't load on a shared hosting? I duplicated and modified the following theme: https://octobercms.com/theme/mehedi-megakit Everything works as expected locally, but doesn't work on the hosting.

I think the .htaccess file must be ok, because if I try the original theme, assets are loaded, hover I added RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/uploads/ to the .htaccess file, but that doesn't work as well. Can't load anything from the folder, error: 404. Same .htaccess file works locally.

What am I missing?

Last updated

zs60815
zs60815

View files for plugins, doens't load as well...

zs60815
zs60815

Update: Installed it on an other shared hosting provider, with the same .htaccess file and it works as expected.

What should I check on the first server?

mjauvin
mjauvin

Could be the php version, October doesn't currently work with PHP 8.

zs60815
zs60815

mjauvin said:

Could be the php version, October doesn't currently work with PHP 8.

Thank you. But unfortunately PHP Version is 7.4.11.

Now is partialIy working, theme assets are loaded, but plugin views, still doesn't. (When I try to fork the component from CMS section I got: This component does not have a 'default' partial).

The only difference for the theme is that the non-working version was loaded from a git repo, the working one was copied with ftp... Other than that there is no difference, I just copied the same source as theme2 to the themes folder and it works.....

mjauvin
mjauvin

Then the file/folder permissions are not set properly for your theme/plugin(s)

zs60815
zs60815

mjauvin said:

Then the file/folder permissions are not set properly for your theme/plugin(s)

Thank you. Solved.

The problem partially came from incorrect permissions and from using camel case in the components view folders (should be lower case), which was ignored on windows, but wasn't on Linux server.

Last updated

1-7 of 7

You cannot edit posts or make replies: the forum has moved to talk.octobercms.com.