This forum has moved to a new location and is in read-only mode. Please visit talk.octobercms.com to access the new location.

teecis34508
teecis34508

So when creating admin I get error SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1115 Unknown character set: 'utf8mb4' (SQL: select * from information_schema.tables where table_schema = fc and table_name = migrations) and googling that I find, that laravel uses utf8mb4 encoding which is supported from mysql 5.5.x, I have 5.1.x and not able to change that. Proposed sollution was to change encoding in config/database.php two lines to 'charset' => 'utf8', 'collation' => 'utf8_unicode_ci',

this did not help, I still get the same error when pressing try again

daftspunky
daftspunky

I think you need to change this config before installation. Technically this version is not supported by the version of Laravel we use (LTS 5.5). This is an advanced topic, you may join us in Slack for further assistance. See the Support area for a link.

teecis34508
teecis34508

Sorry, I am dumb. I recently switched from windows to mac and on windows I was using Total Commander, now I found alternative Command One and thought its the same. Turns out it cannot like Total Commander edit a file on ftp and then upload the edited version. And it caches things. Facepalm Thanks for reply.

Last updated

1-3 of 3

You cannot edit posts or make replies: the forum has moved to talk.octobercms.com.