I just updated one of my October v1 to v2 with deploy plugin. It all went well, but I'm experience some after update issues. This is what I did (I write down all the steps in hope that this may help someone else):
- Duplicate page v1 on server with new subdomain, so there's no downtime and I'm able to test before
- Setup a new October v2 on my local server with DB from v1
- Copy storage, own themes and own plugins to v2 local page from v1 page
- Install vendor plugins used for the page
- Install deploy plugin on local v2 page
- Don't forget to backup everthing
- Download beacon and deploy it to v1 page on server (if you wonder: you need to overwrite the index.php file and the bootstrap folder with beacon files on server)
- Check that beacon is connected and follow the steps in the deploy plugin interface on local v2 version
This all worked very well.
Now to my issue: When I try to upload a logo and a favicon to the backend, I get a console error:
GEThttps://october-v02.vlzs.ch/storage/app/uploads/public/623/074/dea/thumb_7_190_170_0_0_crop.jpg [HTTP/2 404 Not Found 229ms]
It seems that this folder is not there. Is this a permissions issue?
Uploads to the media library work well.
I'm using October v2.2.10 on PHP 7.4.
My folder permission of storage is 775.
Sorry! This was just my bad:
I forgot to also deploy the config file. So if you experience any similar issue, please check if you did this step!
1-2 of 2