Back to Discord API Integration Support

RossCoDe
RossCoDe

Hi,

I've just installed this plugin on a fresh install of October with the RainLab.User plugin as per the dependencies and if using the backend plugin installer, it fails to install. When you refresh or navigate away October is a blank screen (500 internal server error). I have to remove the plugin manually to restore October again.

Same happens when using the composer install method. When trying php artisan october:up

PHP Fatal error:  Class Illuminate\Cache\FileStore contains 2 abstract methods and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (Illuminate\Contracts\Cache\Store::many, Illuminate\Contracts\Cache\Store::putMany) in /home/forge/dev/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cache/FileStore.php on line 10
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Cannot instantiate abstract class Illuminate\Cache\FileStore in /home/forge/dev/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cache/CacheManager.php:151
Stack trace:
#0 /home/forge/dev/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cache/CacheManager.php(102): Illuminate\Cache\CacheManager->createFileDriver(Array)
#1 /home/forge/dev/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cache/CacheManager.php(77): Illuminate\Cache\CacheManager->resolve('file')
#2 /home/forge/dev/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cache/CacheManager.php(55): Illuminate\Cache\CacheManager->get('file')
#3 /home/forge/dev/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cache/CacheManager.php(318): Illuminate\Cache\CacheManager->store()
#4 /home/forge/dev/vendor/october/rain/src/Database/QueryBuilder.php(145): Illuminate\Cache\CacheManager->__call('remember', Array)
#5 /home/forge/dev/ve in /home/forge/dev/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cache/CacheManager.php on line 151

There are no error logs created. I removed the vendor directory and October loads and I see the Discord API menu, however it's clearly not going to work without the dependencies. Perhaps one of them is conflicting with October or Laravel 5.1?

codein
codein

Hi,

Thanks for using this new plugin.
It's cleary related to composer dependencies included in plugin's vendor folder.
I have read a lot about including vendor packages in an october plugin and i think i followed to good way to include them, i mean including a composer.json file in the plugin's root directory then, octobercms installer is supposed to do the job. Link1 Link2
While in development, i had to install vendors manually in main composer.json so i did not get this problem, anyway, i tried now to install the plugin on a fresh install and, while the vendors are in fact in the plugin directory, it seems to work.
Please let me look into this issue and doing updates accordingly, in the meanwhile, you can remove vendors in the plugin and require the 2 vendors of the plugin's composer.json in the main composer.json.
If you have any suggestion, please let me know.
Thanks

Last updated

codein
codein

I think one major problem is the dependencies of teamreflex/DiscordPHP, which are the following. You see there is Illuminate dependencies, and this causing problems (Regarding Link 1 of my previous post). Let me investigate further about how to resolve.

"require": {
    "php": "^5.6|^7.0",
    "cache/array-adapter": "^0.4.0",
    "guzzlehttp/guzzle": "~5.3|~6.0",
    "illuminate/support": "^4.0|^5.0",
    "nesbot/carbon": "^1.18",
    "ratchet/pawl": "0.2.*",
    "react/datagram": "1.1.*",
    "react/socket-client": "0.4.*",
    "symfony/options-resolver": "^2.7|^3.0",
    "TrafficCophp/ByteBuffer": "^0.3",
    "monolog/monolog": "^1.19",
    "wyrihaximus/react-guzzle-psr7": "^1.0",
    "react/partial": "^2.0"
  },

Last updated

codein
codein

Here is additional useful link, still investigating on the best way to solve that dependency problem
Link3

Last updated

justas.raudonius23340
justas.raudonius23340

I had a similar issue with flynsarmy/idehelper. I've solved it by modifying plugin's composer.json.

Old version: { "require": { "barryvdh/laravel-ide-helper": "2.3.*" } }

New version: { "require": { "barryvdh/laravel-ide-helper": "2.3.*" }, "replace": { "illuminate/support": "5.4.*" } }

This way composer does not install multiple illuminate/support packages. Found help here: https://github.com/composer/composer/issues/6361

Last updated

1-5 of 5