This forum has moved to a new location and is in read-only mode. Please visit talk.octobercms.com to access the new location.

carpentier.o52569
carpentier.o52569

Info : Ubuntu 18.04 Php 7.2 MySQL 8.0 Apache 2.0 October CMS version 12/2019 - local install on /var/www/html/octobercms/

Hi,

I've just installed October CMS with Vanilla default Theme. My "backend" url is defined as "admin"

localhost/octobercms/index.php => OK, I have home, pages with the right template localhost/octobercms/admin (I also try localhost/octobercms/backend) => Error 404 The requested URL was not found on this server.

I've tried a lot of methods described on forums to solve this problem (modifiy the htaccess, AllowOverride All to 000.default.conf and octobercms.conf, rewrite mode ok, app.php debug=True ...). I know the previous post on this forum but it was not helpful. Nothing works.

Is there anyone to help me step by step and check one parameter at a time to identify where is the problem ? What are the file to check or command line to run ?

Thank you, Olivier

Last updated

mjauvin
mjauvin

Oliver, there is nothing in October CMS that would cause this. Make sure you disable all plugins in case this is caused by one of them.

Also, make sure nothing in your ".htaccess" file is causing this

carpentier.o52569
carpentier.o52569

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It works. So, the problem was this line in .htaccess needs to be comment.

"RewriteBase /var/www/html/octobercms/" => # RewriteBase

I've uncommented this line because it was describe as a solution to solve the 404 Error in another forum.

Another problem for me was the use of MySQL 8.0 and the install of OctoberCMS. The CMS was not able to connect to the SQL database. If it can help someone, don't forget in MySQL to "ALTER USER" :

in a terminal : mysql -u root -p

then

ALTER USER 'october'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'previous_october_password' ;

Have a nice day, O.

1-3 of 3

You cannot edit posts or make replies: the forum has moved to talk.octobercms.com.