Easily send email using Gmail. This plugin adds support for using Gmail as the system email service.
- A Gmail account (GSuite accounts are supported)
- Gmail API credentials
The plugin is configured in your October CMS backend settings. Change the mail method to
Gmail in Mail configuration, save the settings and go to Gmail configuration to upload your API credentials. Obtain API credentials from the Google Cloud Console.
Obtaining API Keys
- Go to the Google Cloud Console and create a new project.
- Give your project a name, and click Create. Wait for your project to be created.
- Click the Create credentials dropdown and choose OAuth client ID
- You may be asked to configure the OAuth consent screen
- Set the Application name
- Add your domain to the Autorized domains list
- Configure any other option as you like. More info here.
- Select Web application as the Application type, and give it a name.
- Copy the Authorized Redirect URI from the backend Gmail configuration page.
- Add that URI as an Authorized redirect URI and click Create
- Look for your new credential in the OAuth 2.0 Client IDs table, and click the download button to download your credentials in JSON format.
- Click on Library in the sidebar and search for "Gmail". Click Enable to enable access to the Gmail API.
- Upload the file you downloaded to the backend Gmail configuration page and save the settings. Reload the page to show the Authorize button.
- Click the Authorize button to open the Google consent page. Continue to select the account you want to send email with and consent to sending email on your behalf.
- You may encounter a screen that says "This app isn't verified". This is referring to the OAuth consent screen that you created, and can be bypassed by clicking Advanced and then Go to \<domain\> (unsafe).
To make sure everything is working, try test sending a mail template to yourself.
In case you want to revoke access, click Reset to default on the Gmail configuration page. This will delete the credentials and access tokens. You will also want to remove app access on your Google account.
- The Gmail API will only send emails as the account which you granted access with, it is currently not possible to send email as another user.
- 1.0.2 - Fixed errors that occur when invalid credentials are supplied
- 1.0.1 - First version
This plugin has not been reviewed yet.
Fixed errors that occur when invalid credentials are supplied
Jun 12, 2019
Jun 04, 2019