This plugin allows administrators to login on October backend with a third party account (at the moment, Google accounts only).
Users will be able to login with current user / password credentials as usual.
All authentication attempts (Successful or Failed) are logged for extra security.
- Install plugin as usual.
- Goto October backend
- Browse to Settings > System > October Backend SSO Login
- Read the documentation inside the configuration screen on how to create a project in Google Developers Console
- Remember to update your backend user email address with the same Google account you plan to use for login
- For new users, first create the administrator and assign the right email address, no user registration is done through this plugin
- You must be running build 292 or newer
- Class 'Google_Client' not found: the Google Api Client composer package is required, check vendor inside the plugin folder
Found the plugin useful on 31 May, 2018
Works as expected. I have one little error with return url there was because of "//backend" url.
Found the plugin useful on 6 Dec, 2016
It works as expected. But it needs help update to new version of Google Console.
Improve stability by not storing invalid tokens (thanks to LukeTowers)
Nov 08, 2017
updated help for the new Developers Console
Dec 09, 2016
fixed callback url when using https
Oct 21, 2016
moved settings menu to bottom
Oct 14, 2016
set the redirect URL dynamically based on hostname (thanks to stadeltobi)
Apr 09, 2016
using Google APIs Client Library BETA
Feb 15, 2016
track successful and failed login attempts
Nov 19, 2015
added .gitignore file
Aug 31, 2015
First version of October Backend SSO Login
Aug 28, 2015