Provides a powerful yet user friendly way to choose multiple users through a front-end button interface. Users can be selected or unselected individually by clicking the button with their name on it. Users can also be selected or unselected based on their primary user-group / “Group Membership” ( provided by Kurt Jensen Passage plugin ). And finally users can be selected or unselected based on predefined checklist “Groups”.
Whats it good for?
Lets say you want to send a meeting reminder text-message (using Cellphone Plugin ) to all people with a primary user-group of “Leader”. You know that one leader (“Joe Frank”) is on vacation but that “Bob Marval” is going to take his place at the meeting.
- Open the page that has the Cellphone - Checkform component and The Checklist Component
- Type your message.
- Click in the “Leaders” Role Button to select all users with that primary-usergroup.
- Click on “Joe Frank” Button to de-select him.
- Click on “Bob Marval” Button to select him ( Remember that he is standing in for “Joe Frank” ).
- Click “Send”
Thats it! You just sent a text message through mailgun.com to all the people that you want reminded of the upcoming meeting.
There will be other components and plugins added soon to provide more uses of the User Select.
Other Components In Development
- Attendance list
- Group Mail
- Checklist Group Creation ( Currently done through backend. )
These plugin(s) are required for the plugin:
Download plugin to plugin directory.
- Logout and back into october backend.
- Goto Settings - MY SETTINGS and choose User Select Lists in the side menu.
- Check the user groups that you want to show up. ( This restricts user appearance to the people who are in those primary-groups )
- Save changes
- Goto User Select in top menu – select “Check Groups” and create custom checklist groups.
- Goto User Select in top menu – select “Check Group Members” and add users to your custom checklist groups.
Adding a Front End Page / Form
- Create a new page.
- Add User Selector Component
- Set Group Type parameter ( ALL for all custom group type buttons or restrict based on “Type” you set in custom checklist group.)
- Set the Submit Button Label to match the context of your page
Your checklist will now show-up when page is viewed and the selections are added or removed from Database when buttons are pressed.
To make use of these selections, you must add a component like Cellphone Plugin. The plugin you add will process the selections as needed from the Database.
Later you will want to review protecting your page using instructions from Passage Permission and Roles System by Kurt Jensen.
That should be all you need to get started.
This plugin has not been reviewed yet.
Updated multiple controllers and models to function better.
Nov 27, 2017
fixes undefined offset error when no user.
Mar 21, 2017
fixes settings menu entry
Dec 13, 2016
Database maintenance. Updated all timestamp columns to be nullable.
Nov 08, 2016
Added messageURL() to enable Author Notices
Feb 14, 2016
Updated to use Profile plugin "user.main_group" field.
Feb 08, 2016
Updated to be RC compatible
Mar 10, 2015
Multiple fixes and added expire time to settings
Mar 09, 2015
Built Tables order is important
Feb 25, 2015
First version of Checklist
Feb 25, 2015