Multi-Factor Authentication is the practice of adding an extra authentication step - often requiring use of a separate device such as a smartphone. What this means for you is that even if your login credentials are somehow obtained by a third party, they still would not be able to log in without also obtaining your MFA device. Multi-Factor Authentication is essentially to any website owner who values site security.
Logging In with MFA
- In the backend, go to My Account in the top right.
- Check the Use Multi-Factor Authentication? checkbox.
- Generate an MFA Secret and scan the generated barcode using Google Authenticator (Android, iPhone).
- Enter two security questions and answers - these will be used when you don't have access to your phone.
- Click Save at the bottom of the form.
Once set up, Google Authenticator will display a continually changing set of 6 digits. When you next log in, you'll need to enter the currently showing number.
Found the plugin useful on 29 Sep, 2018
Very easy setup and the support was ultra quick.
If you want a way to add extra security to your website admin access then this is it... with a little help from google authenticator.
Very happy with purchase.
Fix the make_user_fields_nullable migration for new installations with DB prefixes
Sep 29, 2018
Deprecated method call fix
Oct 22, 2017
Case sensitivity fix
Oct 15, 2017
Make user fields nullable
Sep 29, 2016
Rainlab.User bug fix
Oct 02, 2015
Compatibility with v204
Sep 14, 2015
Apr 24, 2015