This forum has moved to a new location and is in read-only mode. Please visit talk.octobercms.com to access the new location.

milosz.piasecki53330
milosz.piasecki53330

Hello,

After sites migrations from one server to another we have a problem with this error: 550 Bad HELO - Host impersonating domain name [example.com] in line 457 of AbstractSmtpTransport.php file. This error occurs when I try to send test mail in administration panel (Settings > Mail > Mail templates > my template) and from my site via contact form. I am using PHP mail method to send messages. I have read that is caused by duplicate information after site migration and I have to delete all traces from the previous server. However, I don't know where to find this traces.

I found solution to add this to config of phpmailer, $mail->Hostname = "web.server.com"; $mail->Helo = $mail->Hostname; but I don't know where, how to add it and how it works.

Maybe one of you was struggling with a similar problem and knows how to deal with it?

1-1 of 1

You cannot edit posts or make replies: the forum has moved to talk.octobercms.com.