This forum has moved to a new location and is in read-only mode. Please visit talk.octobercms.com to access the new location.

qbnflaco447
qbnflaco447

I keep getting this error when trying to run the install.php file...

Unpacking application files

<html> <head><title>504 Gateway Time-out</title></head> <body bgcolor="white"> <center><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx/1.6.0</center> </body> </html> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->

Something went wrong during the installation. Please see the documentation for more information.

Try again

Last updated

qbnflaco447
qbnflaco447

PS. Tried this as suggested... https://rtcamp.com/tutorials/php/increase-script-execution-time/ And didn't make a difference.

mario.basic1089
mario.basic1089

Also getting this error.

I am using homestead and have set php5-fpm max_execution_time to 300, but still it does not work.

Last updated

OctoDevel
OctoDevel

Hello, I manage a web server nginx in my business, so try the bellow in the nginx vhost file on php area:

location ~ \.php$ {
    fastcgi_buffers 8 16k;
    fastcgi_buffer_size 32k;
    fastcgi_connect_timeout 300s;
    fastcgi_send_timeout 60;
    fastcgi_read_timeout 60;
}

I had the same error with other CMS I used. Hope this helps.

Last updated

ounos
ounos

It didn't work for me. Using nginx ofc. I still get this nasty 504 error.

EDIT: Eventually, it worked. Just to be sure, raise these values OctoDevel refers to from 60 to 120 or more. Thank you. :)

Last updated

jeroen4252
jeroen4252

Got the same message using laravel homestead. I think this happens when you install a lot of plugins during installation process.

To fix:

vagrant ssh

sudo nano /etc/nginx/nginx.conf

paste this between http { ... and ... sendfile on;

fastcgi_buffers 8 16k;
    fastcgi_buffer_size 32k;
    fastcgi_connect_timeout 300;
    fastcgi_send_timeout 300;
    fastcgi_read_timeout 300;

Ctrl+x

exit

vagrant reload

Try again in the installation process.

Last updated

andersonchristopher200019794
andersonchristopher200019794

is broken fix it or ill brak it

1-7 of 7

You cannot edit posts or make replies: the forum has moved to talk.octobercms.com.