This forum has moved to a new location and is in read-only mode. Please visit talk.octobercms.com to access the new location.

fuzeboxsoftware8691
fuzeboxsoftware8691

I have just installed October. I removed the installation files as suggested. I have updated my nginx server config to the following:

server {
    server_name stormcoded.dev *.stormcoded.dev;

root /home/fbs/public_html/stormcoded;
    index index.php index.html index.htm;

location ~\.php$
    {
            fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock;
            fastcgi_index index.php;
            fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
            include fastcgi_params;
    }

location / {
            try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php$is_args$args;
    }

rewrite ^themes/.*/(layouts|pages|partials)/.*.htm /index.php break;
    rewrite ^bootstrap/.* /index.php break;
    rewrite ^config/.* /index.php break;
    rewrite ^vendor/.* /index.php break;
    rewrite ^storage/cms/.* /index.php break;
    rewrite ^storage/logs/.* /index.php break;
    rewrite ^storage/framework/.* /index.php break;
    rewrite ^storage/temp/protected/.* /index.php break;
    rewrite ^storage/app/uploads/protected/.* /index.php break;
}

I have set the directory to be chowned to www-data. However, when visiting the url, I get a 403 forbidden or /backend I get File not found. Not sure what I am missing? Thanks in advance for help.

Cpt.Meatball
Cpt.Meatball

Hmm, I don't see anything weird with the rewrite rules. My own server block looks the same, apart from the location ~\.php section. Does your server block work without the october settings?

Anyway: this is mine: serverblock

Iocare
Iocare

recently i was getting this error 403 and I was stuck for hours. reason was I recently shifted all of my websites to new digital ocean server with my own web panel.

I added a mod_security as security feature but it's problematic for CMS like website. So I need to add whitelist to mod_security values in global_disabled_rules.conf "SecRuleRemoveById 981248" similar ids that can be found in ModSecurity Error log

hope this helps.

Last updated

1-3 of 3

You cannot edit posts or make replies: the forum has moved to talk.octobercms.com.